I have begun Full-Shave November.
This is fucking awful. HOW DO YOU DO THIS????
I was in the shower shaving for like… 45 minutes, and I STILL had to forgo shaving one of my legs because I was concerned I was running late for lunch (it turns out I wasn’t, but whatever).
I also ruined my razor, because I didn’t think to trim any of my hair first, but that’s okay.
Also look at all that fucking hair. There’s so much of it. I had no idea I had that much hair on me.
Tomorrow I will shave my left leg and run clean-up on basically everywhere else (it’s pretty patchy).
Aren’t you supposed to grow a mustache? what the fuck is full shave november.
The opposite of No Shave November. Lots of women get flak for participating in No Shave November and letting their body hair grow out (I can’t find the post with a bunch of screencapped tweets about it, but this is the next best thing), but the vast majority of guys (myself included) have absolutely no idea what a pain feeling like you have to shave your body hair is like. So, for the entirety of the month, I will be shaving my legs, chest, and armpits on a regular basis (as well as my usual regimen of shaving my face).
This idea. I like it. Another.
^that last comment.
Once you start shaving, it gets easier. But….it’s gonna itch when you let it grow back….you shoulda waxed to get a start on it…
Hello! My name is Elizabeth, my friends call me Mitzy. I was born with an under bite and over time it’s grown worse with age. As I got older my jaw also caused me to develope TMJ. My jaw locks and pops several times a day and it’s only getting worse and more painful. My jaw is my biggest insecurity. I refuse to take pictures of my profile and I absolutely hate my smile. My friends have always supported me and suggested I do a donation to help raise the funds to help me correct it, but I could never bring myself to do it knowing so many other people also suffer from this same issue. But, I’ve finally decided to ask for the help required to have the work done to correct my jaw structure. My family has never been able to afford braces or correctional surgery and I’m hoping with the kindness and help from other’s that I’ll be able to make my biggest dream come true.
Mitzy has been my close friend and partner-in-cosplaying since day one. She receives alot of “You’re beautiful the way you are”s, but that can only go so far. Your own self-image is still your own and no one else can change that… I would do most anything to see the day she could really love her own image.
Any and all help would mean the world. <3
Mitzy is really great guys I could sit here and explain for hours on why and how but if there is one thing i could ask is that you guys spare the time to at least reblog this and help in any way?
She’s been a dear close friend to me for years. It’d be really appreciated QuQ
Come one, come all to Bill Shatner’s School of Overacting!
Forget subtle, nuanced performances. Those are boring and forgettable. Learn how to say your lines with gusto!
In this course you will learn such techniques as…
- The double fist shake
- The naughty kitten
- The cultural appropriation
- The self bitch slap
- The enthusiastic mime stuck in a box
- The nipple hardener
- The sweaty declaration of self
- The “this wall is amazing”
And many more!
26 Male Survivors Of Sexual Assault Quoting The People Who Attacked Them
This needs more notes.
no one seems to care if they are guys
reminder that rape and sexual abuse happens to everyone, not just girls
This is really powerfull
UPDATE: This petition must get 100,000 signatures by December 24th of this year! Boost this as much as you possibly can and make sure to sign!
In 31 states, rapists are allowed to sue victims they’ve impregnated for custody rights.
There’s a case in Boston, MA right now in which a rapist is taking advantage of this. He pleaded guilty of rape in 2011 and was sentenced to 16 years probation; however, this sentence includes 16 years of family court as well, which the victim must also attend. He’s using this to sue for joint custody of her child and will only withdraw his law suit if he is free from paying any form of child support. This entire sentence seems like much more of a punishment for the victim than it is for the rapist, and for the state to allow such a thing, the victim is suing.
As stated in the court complaint, “Even if the family court ruled in the [victim]’s favor on issues currently in dispute, such as whether the criminal defendant should be granted visitation rights to [her] child, [she] will suffer harm from the constant threat of new issues arising in family court until her child reaches adulthood, including, for example, efforts by the criminal defendant to seek to modify child support orders and enforce his parental rights at the trial court level and on appeal.”
If this woman is forced to attend 16 years of family court with her rapist, she is not only forced to confront a traumatic event that she should never have to deal with again, but she is subjected to the possibility of losing pieces of her child to him over and over again for all of those years. In addition to this constant state of fear and anguish she would face, just by being sent to something considered ‘family’ court—for her and her rapist—she’s being disrespected and her rape undermined by even the suggestion that this is a family situation. By doing this, the law is making felony into family.
In 31 states, rapists are actually given rights instead of having much of anything taken away. In being given these rights, they are being given the chance to further torment the woman and possibly abuse the child. It is not okay to reward rapists and further punish victims, and the ignorance of rape and how our justice system is handling it needs to turn around.
Please sign this petition to ban rapists from being able to sue for custody rights. This issue is so little known, yet so important, and I don’t know any better way of trying to make this change.
HOW ARE THERE LESS THAN A HUNDRED SIGNATURES!?!!
There are only 600 signatures. Even if this doesn’t affect anything, at least we can prove that there are people in this world that understand that this is wrong, that regular people know this is unacceptable. Maybe if we show there’s enough of us it’ll mean something to someone, if only cause they want our vote.
yeah locking this down federally would be a really good thing.
Chino Otsuka : Imagine Finding Me
Chino Otsuka uses photography and video to explore the fluid relationship between the memory, time and photography. At age 10 she moved from Japan to the United Kingdom to attend school. Her experience of becoming familiar with a new place, a different language and new customs while she was developing her adolescent identity has profoundly shaped her work in photography, video and writing. Her series Imagine Finding Me consists of double self-portraits, with images of her present self beside her past self in various places she has visited. As Otsuka says: “The digital process becomes a tool, almost like a time machine, as I’m embarking on the journey to where I once belonged and at the same time becoming a tourist in my own history.” - via AGO
I am unexpectedly weepy looking at this.
gosh that’s… moving in a really gentle kind of “mother your inner child” way…
It’s so good that I ALMOST SCROLLED PAST IT because I assumed they were just regular pictures
I feel really bad for the sea lion that Seaworld forces to approach his/her natural predator.
Is it bad that I’m laughing extremely hard at how the orca just annihilates the sea lon in the 2nd gif?
all I can hear is NYOOM
You wanna know something cool? Recent studies of orcas seem to show that during the seal breeding season, they knowingly limit their intake of seals. In fact, there are documented cases of orcas gently grabbing seal pups and pulling them into shore to keep them safe from being eaten.
Why? You might wonder.
The case studies seem to say that the orcas know that no baby seals growing up means less seals next year. They are so intelligent that they’re aware of their own impact as a predatory species on their prey and actively work to conserve the number of that prey species for the future. Maybe we could learn something about moderation and conservation from these animals.
They should really be granded nonhuman personhood like they were in India.
Intelligence of Orcas. Well said.
25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25
1. Make peace with your parents. Whether you finally recognize that they actually have your best interests in mind or you forgive them for being flawed human beings, you can’t happily enter adulthood with that familial brand of resentment.
2. Kiss someone you think is out of your league; kiss models and med students and entrepreneurs with part-time lives in Dubai and don’t worry about if they’re going to call you afterward.
3. Minimize your passivity.
4. Work a service job to gain some understanding of how tipping works, how to keep your cool around assholes, how a few kind words can change someone’s day.
5. Recognize freedom as a 5:30 a.m. trip to the diner with a bunch of strangers you’ve just met.
6. Try not to beat yourself up over having obtained a ‘useless’ Bachelor’s Degree. Debt is hell, and things didn’t pan out quite like you expected, but you did get to go to college, and having a degree isn’t the worst thing in the world to have. We will figure this mess out, I think, probably; the point is you’re not worth less just because there hasn’t been an immediate pay off for going to school. Be patient, work with what you have, and remember that a lot of us are in this together.
7. If you’re employed in any capacity, open a savings account. You never know when you might be unemployed or in desperate need of getting away for a few days. Even $10 a week is $520 more a year than you would’ve had otherwise.
8. Make a habit of going outside, enjoying the light, relearning your friends, forgetting the internet.
9. Go on a 4-day, brunch-fueled bender.
10. Start a relationship with your crush by telling them that you want them. Directly. Like, look them in the face and say it to them. Say, I want you. I want to be with you.
11. Learn to say ‘no’ — to yourself. Don’t keep wearing high heels if you hate them; don’t keep smoking if you’re disgusted by the way you smell the morning after; stop wasting entire days on your couch if you’re going to complain about missing the sun.
12. Take time to revisit the places that made you who you are: the apartment you grew up in, your middle school, your hometown. These places may or may not be here forever; you definitely won’t be.
13. Find a hobby that makes being alone feel lovely and empowering and like something to look forward to.
14. Think you know yourself until you meet someone better than you.
15. Forget who you are, what your priorities are, and how a person should be.
16. Identify your fears and instead of letting them dictate your every move, find and talk to people who have overcome them. Don’t settle for experiencing .000002% of what the world has to offer because you’re afraid of getting on a plane.
17. Make a habit of cleaning up and letting go. Just because it fit at one point doesn’t mean you need to keep it forever — whether ‘it’ is your favorite pair of pants or your ex.
18. Stop hating yourself.
19. Go out and watch that movie, read that book, listen to that band you already lied about watching, reading, listening to.
20. Take advantage of health insurance while you have it.
21. Make a habit of telling people how you feel, whether it means writing a gushing fan-girl email to someone whose work you love or telling your boss why you deserve a raise.
22. Date someone who says, “I love you” first.
23. Leave the country under the premise of “finding yourself.” This will be unsuccessful. Places do not change people. Instead, do a lot of solo drinking, read a lot of books, have sex in dirty hostels, and come home when you start to miss it.
24. Suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro.
25. Quit that job that’s making you miserable, end the relationship that makes you act like a lunatic, lose the friend whose sole purpose in life is making you feel like you’re perpetually on the verge of vomiting. You’re young, you’re resilient, there are other jobs and relationships and friends if you’re patient and open.
Pain is not exclusive to humans.
this genuinely makes my heart hurt
I really dislike when people say animals aren’t smart, or that they can’t feel emotions.
Sorry to rain on your parade but… While true, these are not emotions of sadness. These are emotions of dominance.
This isn’t a bird mourning over a dead bird.
This is a male bird raping the corpse of its rival to show dominance so that the chick birds will come mate with him and other males don’t step in his territory looking for mates.
Birds are fucking brutal man.
At first I thought this was a joke, but now that I see you’re serious I’m actually embarrassed for you. And disappointed, but let’s get to that later.
The pictures here belong to photographer Wilson Hsu, and if you knew the first thing about birds (which you obviously don’t), you’d be able to tell that the deceased bird is a female due to its more desaturated plumage and shorter tail feathers. Here, let’s post the coloured version to confirm, because tumblr has some sort of bizarre fetish for making everything black and white.
There goes your first point.
If you knew the second thing about birds, you’d be able to identify this species as a Barn swallow. And while you are correct in your assumption that the males are fairly territorial, they also mate for life and are fiercely dedicated to their female counterpart. Barn swallows, along with most small birds, are actually physically incapable of any sort of penetrative sex, because they have a cloaca instead of a penis. Mating is done by passing a packet of sperm from the male’s cloaca into the female’s, not by inserting a penis into a vagina. Necrophilia in this species is completely unheard of, and would be a complete waste.
So if we take all this information I’ve just told you, and couple it up with the fact that Wilson Hsu’s entire collection of these photos is uploaded online, which vividly depicts a male Barn Swallow trying to rouse his mate which has just died, we can infer you know literally nothing about the species as a whole, didn’t even bother to look up where the pictures were from, and are deliberately spreading misinformation for the sake of looking COOL N’ EDGY on tumblr dot com.
Normally I wouldn’t get so heated about this sort of thing, but that’s just stupid as hell.
Now that was a first class read *applause*